Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sneak Peak: Spin Cycle

There are some cool new distressed style clear stamps coming out from gel-a-tins. This set is called Spin Cycle. It has several different sizes and combinations of distressed circle images. The thing I love about circles is how versatile they are, you really can use them for everything! The first card I made uses another distressed set, Weathered Crate Numbers. I stamped the numbers first, then masked them, and stamped various circles all around in other Earth tones. This makes a nice and quick masculine birthday card. Just fill in the numbers with whatever age you need!

My second project is a little stationary set. I loved the look of these circles in these colours, so I went about stamping a Kraft 8.5x11 sheet of paper and folding into a small folder. Next, I cut up some printer paper and stamped the edges of those, as well as some matching envelope. You could just as easily make note cards instead of paper. It was super quick and would make a sharp looking gift for any writer you know.

1 comment: