Monday, June 23, 2008

A challenge card or two...

I keep meaning to participate in the Hero Arts weekly challenges, I just never got around to it. Finally, I set some time aside yesterday evening and got to work. It took a lot longer than I expected, I kept changing the stamp that I wanted to use in two different ways. I started with a sentiment stamp, made a card, but then didn't like how the second one was coming about. So I decided to go with flowers instead!

Here's my first card. I kept things relatively simple on this one. I stamped the iris first, then the other two. My stamp of choice for this challenge was the tulip stamp. I coloured in a little garden scene, using Copics, graphic artist markers, and even a prismacolor marker (no brand loyalty to markers here). I decided to break out two severely underused colours for my card. I did a Glorious Green mat and an Orchid Opulence card base. I was surprised by how much I liked them together.

For my second card, it was easiest to stick with the floral theme. However, I wanted to change things up. I used only the petals of the tulips to make a new flower. There are 3 tulips on this stamp, so there was the possibility to create 3 different flower looks. I coloured those in with markers, and added a touch of glitter with a gold Spica marker. I also added in some gelly gems to bring more sparkle to each flower. I used the same sentiment, but this time, I put it on a tab.

Supplies: Hero Arts Clear Design Stamps- T set, A set, I set, also the Clear Messages set
Paper: Natural White, Glorious Green, Orchid Opulence, More Mustard, Basic Black, White
Ink: Versafine black, more mustard
Accessories, etc.: various alcohol based markers, pop dots, Spica marker, gelly gems

No comments:

Post a Comment