Saturday, June 14, 2008

A little bit of verve...

I kept meaning to make a project for this month's Verve Product Parade a bit earlier. Finally, today I did exactly that. I used the colours and the general vibe I got from the photo as my inspiration. I started with some River Rock coloured patterned paper, then set about figuring out a layout. Next I pulled out Fancy Filigree and realized that this set had more looks than I had previously thought. The way the filigrees are designed makes it a snap to stamp them than turn 45 degrees to make an even cooler design. I really like the result! I added a small gem to the interior of each filigree, matted those on a square, attached them to the strip of River Rock, then stamped a saying.

In other news, if you love sentiments and you love sales, and you haven't heard about it yet, Verve Visual is having a sale. It's called Say the Word and select sentiment sets are 10% off! Verve Visual definitely has some of the best selection of sentiments out there! Check it out. They also have extremely reasonable shipping options to Canada

Supplies:
Stamps: Petals & Stems, Fancy Filigree
Ink: Black, Real Red
Paper: White, Real Red, So Saffron, Ginger Blossom DP
Accessories, etc.: Gelly Gems

1 comment: