Friday, February 08, 2019

All About Layering 2


Hello! I'm back with another Altenew Academy project. This one is for All About Layering 2. This is a free class, so I highly encourage you to check it out. Even if you don't have any of the stamps featured in the class, it gives great tips overall for how to line up the layering style Altenew stamps and the card ideas are awesome too!


I don't own any of the stamps featured from this class, but I was heavily inspired by Yana's card in the bonus inspiration part of Lesson 1- Peony Bouquet. I used different colours, but I love how she made a cluster the focus of her card with a simple sentiment banner over top, so that's what I have done here.

I used Handpicked Bouquet, which is a really beautiful, elegant set. To start, I stamped the outline image in Rocky Shore ink. I used my Misti, so I could do two impressions to make it just a touch bolder. Next I decided on the rest of my palette- for the flowers, I used Blush for the lighter pinks and Coral Berry for the dark tones. For the leaves, I used Frayed Leaf for the base layer and Moss for the detailed layer.

Some key tips:
DO make use of the guide that comes with the Altenew sets, this is a huge time saver!!
DO use a stamp positioner. This allows you to re-stamp if you don't get a decent impression, but more importantly, it allows you to use the same ink colours to build up darker tones. 

On my card, I used the Coral Berry twice- I used it for the floral 2nd layer, and for the 3rd layer, I used it again, but I stamped that layer twice to make it even darker than the previous layer. 



Once I had all my fill in layers stamped, I stamped the outline once more to really make it pop, since some of the fill in layers had covered the outline which muddled it a bit.

Next I added my sentiment banner. I wanted to make sure my sentiment banner lay flush so it's adhered to the main image panel with regular tape, but I used a thin strip of foam tape for the part that is adhered to the card front.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Handpicked Bouquet
Ink: Frayed Leaf, Moss, Blush, Coral Berry, Rocky Shore
Paper: Kraft, White, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush
Accessories, etc.: rhinestones.

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous Natasha! Love the colours too.
    I am so glad that you entered your beautiful work in the AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete