Sunday, February 17, 2019

Seasonal Scene Building

 Happy Sunday!

I have another Altenew Academy creation today. This one is for the Seasonal Scene Building by Nichol Spohr. This class has lots of ideas for using your stamps with other stamps or dies to create new images and scenes. I was inspired to use some floral images to create a cheerful scene.

For my card I combined a few of the lessons- Making a Window Scene and a little bit of Background Building.

I thought the flowers and leaves from Adore You would be great to make a little window type scene. I found some old oval dies from my stash and used those to create the window element. I didn't want my window opening to be a single colour though, so I blended some Faded Denim and Tumbled Glass distress oxides. I blended the lighter colour in the middle first and then blended the dark blue around the edges. 



I coloured my leaves and flowers with various alcohol markers. I coloured more than necessary since this allowed me to pick and choose which flowers looked best together and also allowed me to play around with the scene building. I decided that I liked two flowers on the bottom left and three flowers on the upper right best.

Next, I decided to make a subtle stamped card front using some darker grey cardstock. I really wanted the colours to shine in the scene I made. Lastly, I decided on a sentiment from Many Thanks. The larger greeting was stamped directly on the background and the smaller sentiment was stamped on a banner and popped up.

I'm quite happy with my little scene and it reminds me of a pretty corsage that could be worn.




I thought I would make a sketch of my card, keeping with my old Sunday sketches. Feel free to let it inspire you!



Supplies:
Stamps: Adore You, Many Thanks
Ink: Weathervane, Tuxedo Black, Black Onyx
Paper: White, Black, Weathervane
Accessories, etc.: Oval dies, alcohol markers

2 comments:

  1. Such a perfect scene! Beautiful colours.
    I am so glad that you entered your beautiful work in the AECP assignment Gallery. Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just have to CASE this one, Natasha. I follow you.
    Follow me at http://afourthlife.blogspot.com
    kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete