Thursday, December 07, 2006

$4.99


I saw this card at work, it came in the Christmas shipment from our greeting card provider. It was so ridiculously simple. A long pink card base, with a sparkly white chipboard star. And how much was that? At least 4.99 (it might've been more). It's crazy. And I know we'll sell it. I just don't get it. People continuously push down that which is handmade, yet they embrace that which is manufactured? I know I'm totally ranting to the wrong audience here, but it never fails to boggle my mind what people are willing to pay for something that isn't at all unique, costs a company mere cents to make, and is imitating the handmade look too. Anyway, here's my version. It's by no means a "wow" card. Just simple and sparkly. I coverd a chipboard star with some designer paper, then podgied the top and sprinkled it with glitter. The little word sparkle, was embossed with iridescent ice. Simple, quick, that's it.

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm amazed at how much folks will spend for mass produced stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that the store bought version could look half as good as yours!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly know what you mean....those same people who refuse to pay $2.50 for one of our cards but will pay $5 and up for a store bought one!!!
    Yours looks FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! it does amaze me how people will pay so much for store bought cards and cringe when the item is handmade for dirt cheap! love how you used the pp here too! beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete