Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Burgundy & Gold

Here is another design for my growing list of birthday cards. I've decided (finally) that although I don't really like mass production, it makes a lot more sense to make at least 1 extra of each design. One card may take 20 minutes to make, but that extra card is only going to add on 5 more minutes.
I'm sure I've made something like this before, but it's a tried and true design. The striped paper is retired Four Seasons, this is the autumn sheet. I started with that for my inspiration. I inked up the leaf stamp with a mustard and a burgundy marker. Then I mixed up the ink with an aquabrush. Once that was dry, I re-stamped the leaf image over top, to emphasize all the leaf details. The greeting is embossed with gold EP. I added some distressing to the main image, some burgundy ribbon, and some gold cord.
Supplies:
Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints, Paper Tray
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Naturals White, White
Ink: Gold, Burgundy, Mustard
Accessories, etc.: Gold EP, gold cord, burgundy grosgrain, distressing tool

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I love how you inked up the leaf; the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete