Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Butterflies!

Hello!
 
Here are 2 vastly different cards that use butterfly punches as the common theme.
For the first one, I just started punching out butterflies and arranging them on a plain white card base with dimensional tape. I added a bit of extra sparkle with the tiny rhinestones. Very straight forward!
 
 
The second card was a bit more complex (it was for my Mom's birthday afterall). I added some leftover paper from when I had been playing with watercolour techniques. I decided to punch out several large and small butterflies. I liked the idea of putting them on circles, but I wanted extreme dimension. What I actually did here is punch out 1-1/4 circles on the Naturals cardstock. Then I adhered that the Garden Green cardstock and punched out 1-3/8 circles. I attached that to my Kraft card base, so the base is actually what the butterflies are directly attached to. A bit complicated, especially when you could probably achieve a similar look by just putting a kraft punch-out onto a green punch-out and placing that on the previus layers. However, the way I did it made the card not seem so bulky.

Supplies:
#1 Stamps: Reason to Smile (PTI)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, White, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Strawberry Sluch
Accessories, etc.: Butterfly Punches, Rhinestones

#2 Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic Cream, Garden Green, Savoy Cotton
Ink: Garden Green (reinkers: Old Olive, Garden Green, Pool Party)
Accessories, etc.:Butterfly Punches, Rhinestones, Circle Punches (1-1/4, 1-3/8)

No comments:

Post a Comment