Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mixed Backgrounds

I've been having a lot of fun mixing re-inkers and making blended backgrounds. It's amazing what the right paper will do when you bring in a bit of "paint" and water. I love using 100% Cotton Card Stock - Savoy Bright White - 8.5 x 11 - 118lb Cover for watercolouring. It is absolutely luxurious to paint on and it makes a stunningly elegant card base.

For my first card, I mixed re-inkers on a piece of acetate, spritzed it with water and then dipped the cotton paper into it. It gave a delicate and pretty background. Next up, I die-cut a leaf from the same paper then stamped it. I wasn't thrilled with my stamping (I didn't press it down heard enough), but I was happy that I got the stamp lined up on the die-cut. So I carried on with the watercolour theme and went over the image with an aquapainter. I was thrilled with the result. No more patches of white were left shining through!


For my next card, I decided to do some free-hand water colouring directly on my card base. That's another wonderful thing about this paper- heavier colours do not bleed through and the paper does not distort easily. I mixed three different re-inkers and just mixed and blended them on the paper.

Once that was done, it needed some lightness- so onwards to vellum butterflies!

Supplies:

#1:
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Fillable Frames #4
Ink: Ripe Avocado
Reinkers: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Lucky Limeade
Paper: Savoy Cotton, Soft Sky
Accessories, etc.: Baker's Twine, Turning a New Leaf die

#2
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Cranberry Crisp
Paper: Vellum, Savoy Cotton
Accessories, etc.: Gelly Gems, Butterfly Punches (both by SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment