Thursday, August 22, 2013

Happy Patterns

Good morning.

In honour of trying to get this blog up and running and back to being a bit more of a presence in the stamping community, I present the first of many posts to come. 

This card is ridiculously simple. I decided to make use of one of my favourite colour combinations (blue and orange) and a fun mix of patterns (polka dots and lines).


I cannot recommend enough- get the wide style Sookwang tape! It is perfect for cutting out die-cut letters. What I do is cut a strip of the paper that is just wider than the die, then I put a piece of the tape on the back and cut it out. Voila! Instant sticker. This is SO much easier than taping the letters after the fact. For this purpose alone, I would suggest keeping various sizes of double-sided tape (with backing) in your stash- if you don't already.


Supplies:
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink: Orange Zest
Paper: Various retired SU! paper, White
Accessories, etc.: Headline Alphabet dies

No comments:

Post a Comment