Thursday, August 29, 2013

Feathers- Two Ways

 
There are some trends that I just cannot help but hop on board and go crazy for. I've been surprisingly restrained with this one, but I love all the feather images out there. This set is by Hero Arts. I have been eyeing the recent releases by Waltzing Mouse and WPlus9, but my budget says no :(
 
I made this card for Father's Day (it's not that I'm not actively making cards, I've just been really bad about getting motivation to post about them...). I remember seeing someone do the gold tipped feather, and I thought that was a neat idea. So that's exactly what I did. I stamped both feathers onto sturdier cardstock (with Versamark), then sprinkled the majority with Zing! powders (Aqua and Leaf). Then while the ink was still sticky, I sprinkled on some gold embossing powder and then heated it once. I did some extreme fussy cutting here and placed the 2 feathers onto a Rustic White background. I love banner dies too (there I go with trendy things again!), and so I had to make use of one here, with a touch more of gold embossing powder.
 
 
For this next one, I was reminded of how fun Pearl Ex powders can be.  They were one of those products that was almost over-used for a while, and then they kind of seemed forgotten. I think they're making a bit of a comeback! And what's great about them, is if you bought them the first time they were trendy, they are still good and they almost last forever!
 
For this one, I stamped the feather image on black cardstock with the versamark, and then just had fun blending a variety of powders. With Pearl Ex, you have to seal the image, so remember to give it a good spray of hair spray, or whatever you use for that sort of thing.
 

Supplies:
#1 Stamps: Hero Arts Feathers,  Men of Life,
Ink: Versamark,   Island Indigo
Paper: Rustic White, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay
Accessories, etc.: Zing! (Aqua, Leaf), Gold embossing powder, laced velvet ribbon (AC), Pearl Ex, Banner Die (Simon Says)

Supplies:
#2 Stamps: Hero Arts Feathers, Men of Life, Inside & Out: Birthday (PTI)
Ink: Versamark, Black, Island Indigo
Paper: Black, Shimmer Pack, White
Accessories, etc.: laced velvet ribbon (AC), Pearl Ex

No comments:

Post a Comment