Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hello!

Thanks for the congrats everybody! I appreciate it. I am not allowed to scan in the page (I actually haven't received my comp copy yet anyway). I am allowed to share the project online again in a few months. It's a simple card, using the strawberry from a Paper Trey Ink set- Green Thumb.

I really had no idea what kind of card I was going to create tonight. My sister and I visited my grandma for lunch today. She was wearing a shirt that had inspired this colour combo- white, teal, turquoise, river rock, and celery. I had those colours in mind, but no idea what I wanted to do. I had pulled out the Bloom set by gel-a-tins first, but it wasn't coming together. Next, I tried Funky Flower Garden. It slowly began to come together. I hadn't wanted to cut out any flowers, since I was cutting for about 2 hours yesterday doing the favours. So what happens? I ended up cutting out the flowers! At least it was only 3 of them. I liked the idea of putting them together in a flowerpot formation. I used some dotted river rock paper and some ribbon as the "pot". Finally, I thought this card just screamed HELLO! So I put together some letters from the Oh Gosh By Golly alphabet in a fun way and stamped that greeting on there. The card measures 6-3/8x3-1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment