Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pretty Kitty

I was experimenting with mixed medias this morning. Asela had given me a few tips regarding markers and pencil crayons. For this image I coloured first with markers, just colouring the image in. Next, I went back in, with the markers, and added 2 layers of shadows where I thought there ought to be shadow. Next, I added some more highlights and texture with pencil crayons. The bits of lighter colour on the cat is actually some texture for fur. My favorite part of the whole image is how the face turned out. I love the eyes. If you have this stamp, you'll know it doesn't come with eyes like that. I coloured a bit of green around the pupil, then outlined it with black, then added that glimmer with white gel pen.

I changed the photo- poor lighting today, oh well...

Supplies:
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio (cat plate #1), Dotted background
Ink: Basic Black, Taken with Teal
Paper: Pixie Pink, Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, copy paper
Accessories: Art markers, prismacolor pencil crayons, white gel pen
Tools: circle nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment