Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pumpkin Faces

Here's a card I made using the new Paper Trey set, Spooky Sweets. I really wanted to make a pumpkin patch scene. I masked the pumpkins, then added in some shading with a cool grey marker. Next, I added the faces. I wanted some variety so I turned the smile on one into a frown. It worked perfectly! For the rest of the patch, I stamped the swirly image and the leaves from the Green Thumb set. Next, I was feeling a tad lazy. I wanted to colour in the rest of the scene, but really didn't want to mask more. So I chalked it! It coloured the white paper just enough and if I accidently got some on the pumpkins, it could be wiped off. Plus, I could then make a nice harvest sky. The background is the 2 large eye images stamped in orange on kraft paper.

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite parts is the "harvest sky"! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooo cute! i just got my papertrey set and haven't tried it out yet. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I keep telling myself that I don't need this set, but I think now maybe I do! Gee, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing I thought was cute cute cute!!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. natasha,
    i don't remember how I go to you, but I have to tell you that your designs are amazing! Not only do you stamp, but you make an image, a scene, a shape. And you are so young.
    I hope you enter design team calls and such.
    Truly awesome and inspiring.
    thanks for sharing!!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the pumpkins made up into a card yet, they're great!

    ReplyDelete