Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cherish Happiness


For this card, I was trying to make a "wow" card without using tons of layers. It still has 4 layers, but they are in smaller parts. For the watercolouring look, I blended my markers directly on the stamp. I started backwards (gasp! with the darkest colour first, I always do). So I did the chocolate chip stem, then night of navy, brocade blue, and last bashful blue. I start with the darkest colour first because then I "take" ink using the next lightest colour and I blend them together. I've always had more success with blending doing it this way, no matter the medium. I would do shading and blending the "right way" while the art teachers look upon me working, but once they had their backs turned, I would do it my own way. Art's about doing what works for you, so that's why I continue to work darkest to lightest. Anyway...enough of the mini-rant...the rest of card uses a SU! button, some of the new Four Seasons designer paper (this is actually the winter one, but I designed my whole card around that paper), and some new ribbon from the Seaside Collection of Ribbon Originals, man I love that stuff. I've been busy today, so look for card updates everyday this next week!

3 comments:

  1. Looks FABULOUS!!!
    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Yep, I could tell just from looking that the blending was backward...NOT! I've never thought much about how I blend. Next time I blend with markers I will have to try your technique because the image you colored looks blended perfectly.

    Thank you for sharing. Your cards a gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I loved reading how you achieved your special blended look.

    Teryl

    ReplyDelete