Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Nothing like a challenge


To be perfectly honest, when I first saw these colours for this week's challenge, I thought they were a bit, well not something I would normally choose. So I wanted to make something cheerful, and here it is. I'm really happy with how it turned. This card is 6x4.25. In order to get the 3 panels spaced nicely, I needed a bit more cardfront, and that extra half-inch was just what I needed.

I stamped the labels first, then did reverse masking by cutting out only the center of the label on some scrap paper. I coloured the flowers with markers, stamped, then went in with my aqaupainter afterwards to blend the colours, as well to add the saffron shading.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! this is gorgeous!! the blended/watercolored look is stunning and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete