Thursday, June 28, 2007

A few last chance items.

After some discussion, we (my mom, my sister, and I), decided we needed to get Fishy Friends and Mix & Mingle before they'd be gone forever. Here's are two cards I made today.

As soon as I knew I was getting the Mix & Mingle set, I had visions of embossing it with my Ruby Slippers gelly glitter. I was really liking all the shine to this card, so I dug out one of my beloved background stamps (Linograph) and embossed tone on tone with silver EP on brushed silver paper.






The other card, featuring Fishy Friends, has the seahorse as the star. I watercoloured with apricot and pumpkin, also bits of caribbean and turquoise for the water. I jazzed him up with some glitter, went on a bit of a distressing frenzy, then mounted him over textured turquoise cardstock with pop dots. It was today that I really appreciated having craft inks again. I could actually stamp with the Only Orange ink over top of the turquoise cardstock and you can see that it's orange, no awkward washed orange+turquoise mix (the greeting is way more vibrant in person than in the photograph).
My excitement for the day was getting to see the gel-a-tin Summer Release sneak preview. I cannot share them, but Oh My Goodness! It would've knocked my socks off had I been wearing any! It's like she knew all the types of stamp images I wanted, then took them out of my head and designed them. They are beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that background is perfect with Mix & Mingle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cards. I am also rethinking some of the retired stamps....last chance NOT to miss out. I am not blown over by the new catty, and Glad I now have a chance to rethink ordering any of the retired stamps. I think I can order until June 30, which would put my sales into the "first quarter".

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute!! love that top card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are really great...but I have to admit that I am partial to the Mix and Mingle one...I didn't want that set, but now......hmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete