Saturday, December 01, 2007

Best Wishes

Don't you love it when certain colour combinations just come to you and then they actually work out. I chose my colours somewhat randomly. I knew I wanted teal for part of the hummingbird, and I wanted a pink for the flower, then since I was in that marker container, hunter and artichoke came out too. I saw an interesting sketch this morning, and it served as inspiration, even though I didn't follow it at all. Basically, it had an out-of-the-box component. That's pretty much the only part I kept. For the background, I was going for the argyle look, but since I didn't quite place my stamp correctly, I got the shadowed harlequin look instead. I was happy enough with it, that I kept it.

Supplies:
Stamps:
25.01 Harlequin background, Sun Spirit Studio Celebrations set available through Starving Artistamps; KSAI 108 Hummingbird and Flower
Ink: Rose Red, Handsome Hunter, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Paper: Rose, Teal, Hunter, White
Accessories, etc.: moss 5/8'' grosgrain, dimensionals
In other news, you know what's a BAD idea, trying to squish your left pinky with a 100lb television. That is not a wise investment of your time on a Saturday morning! I have this "talent" where, even though I have a fairly high threshold for pain, I go into shock really easily. So even though I'm sure my injury isn't that bad (it's not even purple or 3 times it's original size), I could feel the shock coming on- ears ringing, eyes start to get tunnel vision, pasty face, clammy skin, dry mouth. It's so stupid, so I just sat there with a cold wash cloth around my pinky, trying to psych myself up so I could get out of the shock. I finished up my card before my injury, but I hadn't realized just how much I use my left pinky for typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment