Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thinking of You

Here is another Starving Artistamps card for you! I started by stamping the harlequin background on mustard. Next, I stamped the big daisy on vanilla. I inked it up with various markers (chocolate, olive, and mustard), then coloured it in with lighter markers (sun, caramel, and celery). Originally, I wanted to place the butterfly on the flower, but because I hadn't introduced any other colours into its wings, that just didn't work out. Instead I placed it flying away, as if it was just passing by, or had just been there. The greeting is from a Sun Spirit Studios sentiment set.

Supplies:

Stamps: P25.01 harlequin BG, P18.02 Medium daisy, P1.5 Butterfly, Sun Spirit Studio Greetings set

Ink: Chocolate, Olive, Mustard, Summer Sun, Caramel, Celery

Paper: Vanilla, Mustard, Olive

Accessories, etc.: brown grosgrain, paintbrush for splattering, distressor

4 comments:

  1. This is just BEAUTIFUL! Love the colours and the butterfly is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a stunning card...love the coloring....wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how you added the 3D butterfly on the edge!

    ReplyDelete