Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday Bouquet

I've been on another birthday card binge lately, so you'll be seeing quite the variety of birthday greetings throughout the week. This first one is for my sister's boss. I wanted to do something besides my fall-to layout that I've been using lately, so I started browsing through some of my favorites as SCS. I spotted this gem by Yvette and was instantly inspired. I liked the layout and the little details she did on each layer, so I incorporated those same elements into mine. The bottom olive panel is an embossed background stamp. The sentiment is showcased in an oval frame. I used silver hardware instead of just the punches. I did a little bit of piercing along the cranberry panel, but just left is piercing, instead of faux stitching. I also did some sponging on the main panel to bring in the earthy look.

Supplies:
Stamps: Silhouette Flowers, Harlequin BG from Starving Artistamps, Greeting from Faux Ribbon by PTI
Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Cranberry Crisp
Paper: Ruby Red, White, Old Olive, Cranberry Crisp
Accessories, etc.: clear EP, satin ribbon, silver hardware, brads, pop dots, sponge, mat pack and piercer

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I cannot tell you how wonderful I think it is. If I can CASE it, I sure will! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning!!! I love these flowers in red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!! Love the colours, the layout, the colouring, everything!!!

    Is that a new profile pic? It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new profile picture! It's gorgeous!! The card is absoultly stunnig too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, I really love the image and colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and the argyle background stamp! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO beautiful! I love the red flowers and that bold, wide ribbon!

    ReplyDelete