Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Soft Spectrum

I always like the look of a soft spectrum of colours with a word background. This card started out with the panel, then I just went from there. For the spectrum, I sponged on Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, then Bashful Blue. I stamped Friend by Definition over top with Stazon Timber Brown. The next step was to add some bolder floral images and embossed them with white embossing powder. It's hard to see, but on the blush card base I stamped more of the silhouette flowers in a flourished corner kind of pattern. The greeting tab was made by using a 1-inch strip of paper and feeding it through the key tag punch so that only one end would be punched.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes, Friend by Definition, Happy Thoughts
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, Timber Brown, Blush Blossom, Versamark
Paper: Glossy White, White, Blush Blossom
Accessories, etc.: sponges, white EP, key tag punch, blue brad

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! I really like those white silhouettes against the soft colors and black type. Nice contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so gorgeous! If you don't mind I am going to have to try something similar. I don't have the word set that you have but I have a background stamp that is similar. You are full of inspiring ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love that you chose to use a section of the definition stamp; it's just as powerful..perhaps more. I miss the spectrum pads, and love the way you achieved a similar look. The silhoettes look awesome...fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete