Thursday, March 13, 2008


Okay, so there were two factors that inspired this card...
The first was Laurie's take on one of Beate's weekend sketches The second was me wanting to use these stickles (2 of which are new)

I sketched down my interpretation of the sketch into my book o' sketches, then got to work. At first, I planned to do something with Bodacious Bouquet and the matching embossing template. However, the colours I chose were a bit too bright to easily dry emboss. I went with a floral Fiskars embossing plate instead. It's so much faster and a lot easier on the hands and eyes! I got that all done, then started on the stamping. That's all pretty straight forward. When it came time for the hardware, I had a bit of a dilemma. I had already taped down the layers, including the ribbon, so I needed to modify the sketch ever so slightly. Also, the hardware was silver and it just stood out too much. A sponge and a stazon jet black ink pad solved that problem!

Funky Flower Garden, Faux Ribbon
Ink: Palette Orangerie, Claret, Chartreuse, Stazon Jet Black
Paper: Pink passion, Glorious Green, Only Orange, Basic Black, White
Accessories, etc.: rectangle nests, pop dots, hardware, sponge, ribbon, fiskars texture plate


  1. It's gorgeous. Very clever inking the hardware!

  2. I love what you did with the hardware. Very clever !

    You've been tagged ! Jump over to my blog for all the details ! Congratulations !

  3. Gorgeous the black!