Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Turquoise, Rust, and Charcoal

So, I'm not really sure what brought this colour combo on, it just happened. But you know what, I really like it. The small bits of rust and grey with the turquoise really is pretty.
For the large flower, I stamped it with Palette ink, let it dry for a while, then coloured it in with some markers. I jazzed it up a bit with some turquoise stickles and a white gel pen decorated rust button. I used the smaller blossom to make some pretty, coordinating background paper, added a bit of shimmery rust ribbon (that's from an American Crafts boxed set, all rust ribbon in assorted styles).

Supplies:
Stamps: Thankful Blossoms, Happy Thoughts
Ink: tempting turquoise, cool caribbean, charcoal, black
Paper: Basic Grey, Turquoise, Caribbean, White
Accessories, etc.: pop dots, copic markers, button, white gel pen, ribbon

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, girl! Love that button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute color combo! Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Funny, I was just at a hotel this weekend and the decor was turquoise, rust, and grey. I wrote it down as a color combo to try, because it was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete