Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ahhh, the beach.


Well, I thought about creating something tonight, but I'm a bit tired. So here's a card I made yesterday. I really liked it, I posted it at the same time as my one layer card, and it didn't get nearly as much love, which is funny, because I like it more. By the way, I don't mean to devalue my time, but seriously, masking isn't a slow process. I had two masks going. Cut them too small, and it goes REALLY quickly. Also, the flower in Delight in Life is relatively simple, so cutting it out twice isn't too horrendous. Another thing I noticed while stamping was that due to the sketched style of that flower, it's okay if you don't take the time to match it up right, it all works out. Same thing goes with the sponging. Just do a bit of sponging, move the mask, do a bit more, etc. I didn't make a mask for each and every flower!! Honestly, I was a bit overwhelmed when I checked my gallery today and the Delight card had over 300 views, and 24 comments. I guess it just goes to show you that you never know what will spark the most interest!

Anyway, here's my underloved card. I like it, but perhaps its effectiveness is best seen in person. The shells are almost velvet-y and they puff out.

2 comments:

  1. very nice card with the sea theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card with the shells, Natasha! Y'know, most people don't have this set, and maybe that's why it's under-loved. Is that what you meant? The shell card is under-loved or the Delight/masking flowers card? I'm confused. Anyway, I love ALL your work and read your blog ALL the time!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete