Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy as a kitty with a ball of yarn.


With my new grey shading markers in hand, I started to search through my stamps, figuring out what would need shading. I brought this cat set back out. Again, I know it's not the most popular, but it certainly is fun to colour. I painted it with various twinkling h2o's, then I went to work with my grey marker, creating a shadow. I finished it off with a greeting from , you guessed it, So Many Sayings. I had this whole turquoise and orange decorated part ready to go on something bigger, something more colourful, but it just didn't work. It didn't even seem to work on a normal sized card. So I cut down my card to 5.5x7. Which was actually quite convenient because I had a TON of envelopes that fit this size nicely. Sometimes loads of layers and texture is nice, but sometimes it just doesn't go. This was one of those cases where it just didn't go, and I'm happy with how it turned out!

7 comments:

  1. I love this card! The colours are great, and the colouring even better!!! Is the the stamp set a current set?

    Yosha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, this one's not current. It retired in June. The set is The Cat's Meow, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your coloring and your color choices very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn just missed it. Oh well I am not surprised. I am always behind the cool group!

    Again, brilliant card!

    Yosha

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card and stamp. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! The colors are so brilliant and pretty; you did a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete