Thursday, August 09, 2007

Pomegranate Pretties

I got the Pretties Kit today and immediately had to put a hat pin together. First I dyed the petal with Pomegranate reinker. I also tried colouring the smaller one with a marker, which worked fine and was less messy. Now came the problem, I had put together this pretty hat pin. How does one make that work on a card. It's such a large item that you don't want to put anything else there to distract from it, you know? Finally I decided to use some organdy (seriously, what was Stampin' Up! thinking: they brought in a kit for making elegant accessories, yet retired one of the more elegant ribbons!) I stuck the pin through the knot of the ribbon, then placed the rest of the pearls and beads on, and finally the stopper. To finish it off, I stamped "happiness" from warm words. I figure I can use it for a shower or wedding card. The card base is textured Pomegranate, which works beautifully on it own.

No comments:

Post a Comment