Monday, August 06, 2007

Paper Tole



So here's my take on today's challenge. Most people were doing sculpted roses or other flowers, which is definitely one form of this technique. I went with the more classic approach. I started with a very detailed image and built it up in layers. I did the base layer, plus 2 more layers. With such a detailed main image, I wanted to keep the rest of the card pretty simple. I pulled out the watercolor joy wheel and used that. This card measures 5x11. The main image was coloured with SU! markers and some aquabrushing in parts.


Here's a closeup of the layers of the flowers. There are three laters here in total.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly! I was not a fan of Paper Tole until I saw your card...now THAT is a cool technique...just beautiful...I adore it!

    ReplyDelete