Saturday, March 07, 2009

A couple of one-layer cards

I decided to participate in the colour challenge at the last moment this week. I wanted something really quick, but striking. I decided to do a bit of masking and sponging. I liked the result, but I really wanted to a version with a Pink Pirouette, and I only have the reinker.

So here's card number one:, basic masking and sponging using Pretty in Pink. This version also features some nice double-faced satin ribbon.

For card number two, I started out with the same mask. I stamped the flowers first, in craft ink, then applied embossing powder. Then I sponged a very subtle shading of white. It pops out just a little. For this one, I didn't think the satin ribbon seemed right, so I grabbed this stitched pink and chocolate ribbon instead. It's kind of funny, in person, the pink one is more striking because of the subtle shading and the added texture of the embossing powder. But in photographs the white one pops out more.
Supplies:
Stamps: Friends 'Til the End (PTI), Birthday Basics
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Paper: White, Pink Pirouette
Accessories, etc.: Sponge, Embossing Powder, Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are really pretty - very feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are both gorgeous! I just got this set and think I'm going to have to CASE you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the simplicity! The first is probably my fave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natasha, I like both of these cards a lot and they both have such different looks using the same set.

    You are the queen of clean & simple!

    ReplyDelete