Monday, March 09, 2009

Sketches

This week Starving Artistamps is a sponsor for 2 Sketches 4 You, so the design team played along with the sketch.
This sketch was pretty far from my personal style (clean and simple), but it was so much fun to go back to making something that had so many layers. When I started stamping, I was all about complex and loads of layers. These colours were inspired by the label on a body scrub I have. I really liked how bright and fun it was, so I decided a birthday card was most appropriate. I stamped the cupcake and went about colouring it (just a heads up for PTI fans, I found that Copic G14 Apple Green is a pretty good match for New Leaf). I coated the cupcake top with glue and sprinkled on the glitter. The rest of the card is pretty straight forward. I just kept adding in layers of black to really make the bright colours pop.
Supplies:
Stamps:
Simple Birthday, Fairy Tale Sentiments, Dot Background
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Taken with Teal
Cardstock: White, Black, Taken with Teal, New Leaf, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy
Accessories, etc.: Various Nestabilities, Copics, black brads, glitter

8 comments:

  1. Your card is great - I love how bright the colours are, and how they stand out even more with the black edges! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natasha what a sweet card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So super festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are just fantastic! What a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors & the cupcake....I'm a sucker for them. Great card

    ReplyDelete