Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hybrid Papercrafting

I've dabbled in digiscrapping (perhaps more than dabbled, I just checked my folder, it's apparently 10GB, perhaps it's time to do some purging). I've been stamping for five solid years now. Occasionally, I'll print out a sentiment for a card, but I rarely combine the digital elements with paper ones. So when I saw that Kristina Werner had released some digital papers and elements I decided to give it a try. I also like to support fellow crafters in their new ventures.

First, I went with a zero stamping card. I printed out smaller, card-sized amounts of the patterned papers. I also used the fancy frame brush and a sentiment and placed that onto another one of the patterns before printing it out. The colours when printed were a bit reminiscent of the Loves Me paper (a long retired favorite of mine), so since I still have some coordinating ribbon I added that. The kraft dots ended up printing a bit more caramel in tone, so instead of using a kraft card base, I went with creamy caramel.
Second, I went with a bit of stamping. I printed the frames in several sizes and found that this size held this happy birthday sentiment nicely. Next, I used some more of the stripes, added some more matching Loves Me ribbon and stamped a row of cupcakes. I also brought out the Cool Caribbean, since that coordinated nicely with the printed paper. It's such a good cool!
My verdict on hybrid crafting: I liked it. It's nice to just print out some basic design elements (like the sentiments and frames), as well as papers, and pair them with the other stuff in your stash. Now I may yet put some of that 10GB of digital stuff to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment