Saturday, March 14, 2009

A few Saturday creations

After tidying up my desk a bit and reorganizing a few things, I felt inspired. Amazing what a clean surface can do for creativity.

First up is a card featuring Damask Designs. I was happy with the Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream, and Dark Chocolate colour combination the other day, so I decided to do that again. I added in one extra colour- Sage Shadow. It works quite well with these colours. The card is pretty basic. I did however do one thing I don't normally do... scoring as a means of decorating the card. First I masked off the side, stamped the one repeated background image there, then I scored two lines beside that, leaving enough room for a thin strip of cardstock. I really like how it turned out, I'll have to try that again some time.
Second up is a card featuring Fifth Avenue Floral. One thing I really like about line art is you can use not only for making fun backgrounds, but you can also really bring it to life with some sort of colouring medium. I stamped this flower and stem on watercolour paper, got out a few reinkers and got to work. I added some grey to really contrast with the orange and green.

Supplies:
Card One: Stamps: Damask Designs (PTI)
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream
Accessories, etc.: Scor-It, Ribbon

Card Two: Stamps: Sincere Salutations, Fifth Avenue Floral (SU!)
Cardstock: White, Basic Grey, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Urban Oasis DSP
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Basic Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango
Accessories, etc.: Orange Brads, pop dots, white signo gel pen

3 comments:

  1. both of your cards are gorgeous...especially the damask one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love this stamp set? I know I do!

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete