Monday, March 02, 2009

Flocked Damask and Shimmery Flowers

I was in the mood to do a bit of watercolouring. I've been meaning to do something with a glow type style of painting. Since I received my PTI order today, I figured, might as well give it a go. I actually started with the glow (just a bit excited to get that done), then painted in the rest of the flower. I didn't want to take away from the watercolouring, so I just added a sentiment and a mat and put that on a Raspberry card base.

As soon as I saw the Damask Designs, I knew I wanted to try giving them some texture with flocking powder. I stamped these two images in Melon Berry, then got to work with my glue pen and powder. I thought I'd add a cute little button and a nice sentiment. Again, I didn't want to take away from all that work (and that would not have looked good anyway), so I matted the image and put that on a Melon card base.


Supplies:
Stamps: Friends 'Til the End, Damask Designs
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Melon Berry
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry, Watercolour Paper, White
Accessories, etc.: Twinkling H2Os, Vintage Buttons, White Flock

5 comments:

  1. Natasha, your cards are SO pretty!! Love the flocked Damask Designs!! Such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty cards! Are your watercolours paints or the pencil crayons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Natasha. Your flocked card made my mouth open wide in awe. So clever to combine the two images to make a larger one. For some reason flock doesn't work very well for me. Any tips you want to share? *grin*
    I also am not so good at watercoloring...go figure. Maybe that's why both of your cards really caught my attention today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are simple and elegant!I love your style. Your cards are so delicate.Great cards !!

    ReplyDelete