Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday Fun!

Here are a few items I made this afternoon. For the first one, I wanted to match the Bright Lights gelly gems (blue rhinestones), so I designed my card all around that little embellishment. It sounds silly, but it gave me a starting place. I knew what colours I needed to use to match, and I knew I needed an image that I could put the little gem with. This little card is 4.25x4.25 and uses only the gel-a-tins Sparkle & Shine set, plus their gelly gems.
The second item also started out with wanting to use a specific item. I picked up the Hero Arts ClearDesign Messages set today, and it has this dot stamp and this warm hello stamp. I really like the look of the dotted line, followed by a greeting, then more dotted line. So that was my starting point this time. I finally used some more of my special Christmas present papers. The card base is this nice brown textured paper. The flowers are from the gel-a-tins set Bloom. I masked the middle flower, then added some faux stitching with the chocolate chip marker. To finish of the flowers, I stamped 3 more little flowers from the Bloom set and attached those with pop dots. I was going to leave it on a straight panel, but I wanted to do something different, so I cut out around all the flowers and a few spots between them too.

2 comments: