Wednesday, March 28, 2007

They are friends!

This is a card idea that I've had in my head since I first saw Crab & Company way back in January. I decided that to get back into the stamping groove I needed to do something fun and vibrant. There's something about these 2 sets that makes me want to use Real Red, Green Galore, and Summer Sun as a colour combo! It's funny, since it was a rainy day. Everyone was so glum about the rain. It's above zero, the rain makes the snow melt faster, and so far, there haven't been any floodwatches for the city, what's there to complain about!! Spring is here! Be happy!

Anyway, here's the card, I hope it makes you as happy as it makes me :D The greeting is from a Hero Arts clear set. The ribbon was some patterned grosgrain. I flipped it over, and dotted the matching colours on the white side with markers. Not perfect polka dots, but still fun!
And finally, do you love all that sheer polka dot ribbon, but get frustrated (especially fellow CDNS) that you cannot find it anywhere?? Well check out Janet's Ribbon Share. These prices are in Canadian funds (woot!). If you do join, if you could be so sweet to mention me as a referral :D

7 comments:

  1. This card is just priceless! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the card! And I love your new banner and colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, they are friends! I can't wait to get my Mr. Crabby to go w/Mr. Froggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two images look like they were made for each other with their matching googly eyes! Such a fun card - and aren't you clever to make your own dotted ribbon?! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just reread the post title. tee hee.

    -Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these two little pals and their vibrant colors! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete