Thursday, August 21, 2008

Assignment...

When I got up this morning a note was left for me on the kitchen table. Typically these notes are dinner suggestions. Today's note was a request for an anniversary card. I can't think of whose anniversary it may be, but I happily complied with the request. I spotted this colour challenge and decided to use those colours. I thought with the addition of red as my accent colour I would come up with a nicely elegant anniversary card (since I don't know who the recipients are, I thought elegant and not too flowery were safe choices). I know Kristina suggested that the black and white should really stand out. I found that when I looked at the picture, the combination of grey and white stood out more to my eye. So I used those as my two main colours, with the black and red as accent colours. This card measures 3.75x7.25. I found an envelope first, decided I wanted to make a long style card, then picked my measurements based on that envelope. I really wanted to make the card with the fold at the top, but I don't have any white cardstock that measures 14.5 inches long, so a side fold it was. I did the corner rounding at the bottom edge, as is often typical for long style, top-folded cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: Carte Postale (SU!), Happy Thoughts (Verve Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark, Real Red marker
Paper: White, Basic Grey
Accessories, etc.: Red velvet ribbon, silver brad, pop dots, corner rounder

5 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot. Great job... clean and simple, but beautiful and elegant at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and elegant -- Love the red ribbon -- ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I'm sure the happy couple will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Very nice and I love the tall sketch!

    ReplyDelete