Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Onto the birthdays!

You know, I never used to need lots of birthday cards in August. There were just the 2 big birthdays in my life (my mom and dad, they are a week apart, today is my dad's birthday). It seems lately that I am needing more and more. I guess that's a good thing, means you know more people and want to bring little bits of joy to their lives with a handmade card.

I really love all things tree (tree-y? tree-like?). I have had my eye on this PTI set for quite some time. I was waiting to put together a larger order. So when I finally placed that order, the set Father Knows Best had to jump into the cart. Pairing it with chocolate, vanilla, craft, and olive just seemed like the natural thing to do. I thought about going all distressed on it, but I really loved the clean look to the dots and lines. I really love how quickly this card came together. I am totally going to make a big bundle of these in summer and fall colours to keep on hand for masculine birthday cards! I'm thinking this particular design would look amazing with some rusty coloured leaves, some striped orange/rust papers and some wider chocolate or rust ribbon!

1 comment: