Thursday, August 14, 2008

A little more birthday...

I hope you are enjoying my week of PaperTrey Ink so far!

When I saw the Floral Frenzy set, all sense of "sure I have enough flower sets" went out the window. Really, can you get enough flower sets? I don't think so, I keep adding them to my collection and I use so many of them for so many different cards! For this card, I kept to using only PTI products (except the white cardstock, I know people RAVE over their white, but I've got a decent supply that's also 110lb and a nice bright white, plus I can drive to the store to pick up a pack of 250 sheets, sets me back about $15.00). I thought these flowers would look really pretty inked up with Lemon Tart with just a bit of Summer Sunrise dabbed around the edges. I was thrilled with the result! Can you believe I forgot my dimensionals (they are such a staple too!) during my weekend getaway?? So I had to get resourceful. I use double sided tape that comes on a large roll. To make dimensionals, I took a short, thin scrap of cardstock and folded it in half, twice. Then I wrapped it with my tape, voila, instant pop! Anyway... the lemon tart cardstock was stamped with some flowers to make some pretty patterned paper. I added in a sentiment from Garden of Life and some Spring Moss twill.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the simplicity of it. I so love PTI. I love your idea about a dimensional! Cool!

    ReplyDelete