Friday, August 01, 2008

Happy Haunting!

So today I have a bit of a tutorial/product focus for you. Tape- it's on every stamper's list, you can never have enough (you never would want to come across the situation where you run out!) There's also the ongoing search for the perfect tape for specific projects. You want extra sticky for keeping that chipboard attached the a card, you want to simply keep your card together after it survives a trip through the postal service, or you want to attach vellum. It seems there's a tape for all of these things. I have recently discovered Stamper's Magic Tape thanks to Tracey. It's great and comes in quite the assortment of shapes and sizes. I have a few of the 6x10 sheets. There were claims that this was the stuff to use with vellum. I love putting vellum on my cards, but I don't always want to attach it with brads, you know?

Alright, so here's what I did...
#1 Using the 6x10 sheets, cut a piece of the adhesive to the same size as your vellum

#2 Peel the backing (it's nice how there's a slight seam so you can do this with ease)

#3 Attach your vellum, being carefully to place flat so no bubbles occur

Now for my finished product. I also used the tape on the tree piece. For that I covered the stamped image with the tape, than coated in glitter. Easy, and SO much cleaner than dealing with interfacing, white glue, or packing tape!
Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo- Cats & Bats
Ink: Brilliance Moonlight, Tuxedo Black, Stazon Black
Paper: Black, Vellum, White
Accessories, etc.: Glitter, Stamper's Magic Tape, Ribbon, Cord, Polyshrink

2 comments: