Monday, August 04, 2008

I really ought to...

Make tags more often! I absolutely love the idea of putting together tags. I know they don't seem to serve as much functionality as cards, however, the only thing that is truly holding that functionality back is me. There is no reason you couldn't make an over-the-top tag instead of a birthday card. I made this tag for a recent call, however, I didn't read all the instructions of that call, so I'm thinking it has a low likelihood of getting picked. I submitted anyway, but I thought I'd share here too. One thing that working with a tag canvas made me realize- I really, REALLY wish I had more chipboard alphabets. I'm thinking I need to find a really great die-cut alphabet or two to have on hand, just so I can make my own chipboard alphabets. I caught a glimpse of the upcoming Stampin' Up ones, but $177.95 is quite steep for one alphabet (Serif Essentials, no clue on the size, one die is 5.5x6, and there appears to be 4 letters per die). I could buy a whole lot of pre-cut chipboard alphabets for that price. So I guess I'm kind of torn. Photobucket


Anyway, here's my tag. I had lots of fun stamping, using glitter, and inking up these letters from a Basic Grey Christmas collection.

Supplies:
Paper: White (staples) Blue (Colorbok)
Ink: Moonlight White, Peacock Spectrum Pad (Brilliance), Paris Dusk, Summer Sky, Danube Blue (Memento)
Stamps: Fancy Flakes (Gel-a-tins)
Ribbon: May Arts, Stampin' Up
Tape: Stamper's Magic Tape (Starving Artistamps)
Chipboard letters: Basic Grey
Glitter, Rhinestone brad (Making Memories)

1 comment: