Sunday, August 10, 2008

A few butterfly cards!

Here are a few butterfly cards that I made recently. Oddly enough they both ended up being thank you cards too! I was trying to practise a "scrappy style" meets "my style" type creation. For the first card, I really, wanted to do some stitching, but it ended up being very tedious as I did hand-stitching. I loved the distressed look to this Basic Grey Perhaps paper so I stuck with that theme, adding in a distressed tab, some distressed edges, and some mismatched buttons. The thank you image is from a Basic Grey rub-on set.




For the second card I went with something WAY faster. I saw these butterflies in this K & Co. Wild Saffron paper and thought they should take center stage on a card. I left the one on the paper. The card was too plain, so I cut out a second butterfly and popped that up. I only attached it along the body so that wings had the illusion of fluttering. I added in a sentiment from Verve Stamps that I thought went nicely with the whole ensemble.

Thanks for stopping by today. I was at a cabin for the weekend, took lots of nature photos and made lots of cards too :D So I'll be sharing those this upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment