Friday, August 15, 2008

One more birthday

This card ended up being my favorite that I made over the weekend. I just love the mix of the blues, the little gems, and the vellum base. My goodness, that vellum, it's absolutely dreamy. I kept convincing myself that I didn't need vellum cardstock, I already had vellum paper. Well, as someone who is pretty obsessed with making clear cards, vellum paper really doesn't cut it for card bases. I really love the bold shape of the flowers in Garden of Life. I wanted to bring in some dots, so using the same inks as the flowers, I inked up a dot, stamped it off once, then applied it to my paper. I finished off the design with some dotted baby blue organdy ribbon, a little bit of patterned paper, a birthday greeting and some gelly gems. Since this is a vellum card, I thought

I should add in an decorated interior. It's pretty basic, but pretty and coordinated.


I just found out this card won in one of PaperTrey Ink's August Guest Star Stamper! I'm very excited!

To answer a question, blues used are Memento's Bahama Blue and Danube Blue.



7 comments:

  1. Love this vellum card!!! The bright bold flowers are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! What colours of blue did you use???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers look amazing! They are so bright and cheery. I love your vellum card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the pti gss win! When I seen it in the gallery I didn't know it was yours! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card, I love the blues and the vellum too!

    ReplyDelete