Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rockin' Dragon

So I picked up a few more colours of Copics yesterday which put me in the colouring mood. I believe all the colours I used on Drake I already had, but I was having lots of fun experimenting with different colouring techniques before I finally made a card. The big thing I learned: definitely do NOT over look the value of having the shades of grey. When you want that slight shadow over top of some colour, the greys come in very handy. I didn't use them on Drake, but I did on some of my other items yesterday. I also found having one of the lightest colours in each grouping works nicely in place of the blender pen. So for Drake, I coloured his body first with YG95 (Pale Olive), then I added in some shadows with G99 (Olive). Next I went back with YG95 to blend the two Olives. There was still an apparent line of separation between the colours, so I took YG91 (Putty) and went over the entire body with that. That blended the colours nicely.

Supplies: Stamps: Drake can be found here! Sentiment can be found here!
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: Only Orange, Old Olive, Stampin' Up! last year's Halloween DP
Accessories, etc.: Poly-Twill ribbon, pop dots, Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment