Monday, August 18, 2008

Wrapping Up

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my week of all things PaperTrey Ink! I sure had fun making these cards and I'm always glad to hear from my visitors!

This last card was very much inspired by the amazing Mary Jo Albright. I loved the swap card she made and wanted to do my own version. My card has been simplified. I just really loved the look of the boat on the cut out waves, so that's what I did. It's funny, for this card, I started out with the boat. I wanted it sparkly, so I coloured it in with Spicas. I noticed how much that sparkly red seems to match Ruby Red. I was looking through my Stampin' Up designer paper collection and found the perfect match. This striped paper comes from the Ginger Blossom pack. Normally that set would not make me think of anything nautical, but this design on its own just fit! I added in some twill as my ribbon. Anytime I do something nautical I have to use twill, it seems like it's a rule or something! I still wanted more sparkle so I drew along the edge of my free-handed bubbly waves. You can catch a glimpse of all that sparkle to the left.
Like I said that wraps up my week of all things PTI, hope you enjoyed it and all my babble :D

4 comments:

  1. Love the waves, this is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!! I love how you did the waves... adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! Love this! I have a little sailboat stamp that just might need to make it into a design like this! :)
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha, I just found your blog thanks to Nichole's post about the Honorable Mentions. I absolutely LOVE your clean and simple style and immediately put you into my Google Reader. Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete