Sunday, July 08, 2007

Address Book


A friend of a friend is moving away, so I was commissioned to make an address book. I picked up a $1.00 book from a local dollar store, then set about making it so much cooler. First, it didn't come with tabs, that had to change! Using my round tab punch, I punched out 13 vanilla tabs and 13 kraft tabs. Then I stamped the alphabet on them with the Rough Edges alphabet. I attached them to the pages using sticky strip. Next came the cover...I thought this Scenic Route paper made perfect sense! It's double-sided, which made for a nicely coordinated spine and cover. Finally, I needed a label for the book. I pulled out my gel-a-tin's What's Your Sign stamps, then stamped in "addresses" using Rough Edges again. I have to say, this is definitely a big step up from the original cover. It was very drab and dreary!

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Do you use Modge Podge to adhere the paper? I have bought some but have been too chicken to try it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used double-sided tape for the cover. The original book was a little too glossy for modge-podge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute!! love that mixer stamp too - great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You picked the best paper to use on this!

    ReplyDelete