Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Quick Colour Combo Challenge

I really liked the tranquil vibe of this week's SCS colour challenge. I pulled out my gel-a-tins set, Wild Things. I used the 4 challenge colours to make a spectrum scene (order was Navy, Bordering Blue, Mellow Moss, then Artichoke). Next I stamped the grass stamp repeatedly with the moss dye ink. I let that dry, then did the wheat image in Artichoke. Lastly, I wanted a sentiment, so I took the "peace" sentiment from the Mini Fancy Flakes. I wanted to do something fun with the background, but I was trying to keep the card to all one vendor. So I grabbed a piece of scrunchy plastic that I had seen on my computer desk and dipped that into the mellow moss craft spot and used that to stamp the paper. Then I added in bordering blue craft ink. It makde a really neat background!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! It has such a peaceful feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a rockin' girl blogger! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, forgot to say that we actually live close to each other! I'm in Landmark (halfway to Steinbach). Did you check Allison's blog today? You have been named Rockin' Girl Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome...one of the best cards I have seen lately!

    BTW, you're a rockin' girl blogger! See here: http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/07/thanks-to-corie.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! I love this, it is so beautiful! great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful & very serene card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's gorgeous! did you make your own spectrum pad and then ink the paper with a brayer?

    ReplyDelete