Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A pair of mini-cards


One thing I've noticed these past few months is that mini-cards are definitely very popular. And with good reason, since it's so much fun to think about layouts for a different canvas, so to speak. Here are two 3x3 cards featuring the Happy Birthday set from gel-a-tins For the card on the left, I decided to include something that I NEVER do, a staple. I received some coloured sharpies, one being a teal one, so I decided to do the staple-ribbon look, and colour the staple teal to take away some of the harshness. Well, I'm not sure how people normally staple ribbon on their cards, but I had a hard time with it. I figured it was just another way to attach ribbon. I practically had to glue the ribbon down first before I could staple it. For the card on the right, it's pretty basic. I jazzed up the main image with stickles and cut the teal frame out with mini scalloped scissors.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit confused about the stapling too. I bought myself a little mini stapler a while ago but have yet to use it. Does the back of the staple just show through to the inside of your card?

    ReplyDelete