Thursday, July 26, 2007

A few sketch challenge cards



The challenge yesterday was to make tend topper cards. These cards are generally 4.25x4.25, with a little extra layer going over the top fold. I made this one first. The proportions were not exactly right, but I figured I'd still post it. This card uses the new Big Celebrations set. I also stamped the polka dot background on the apricot in white.




This second one I like a lot more. I was inspired by the new Cosmo Cricket line, Gretel. I took my colours from there. I used Carte Postale on this one. I thought it would look pretty to make a cluster of plants using the leaves and the floral stamps in this set. To finish off the cluster, I cut out and popped up the bird image, flying in. Here's a tip for you. If your vanilla craft pad is too wet, try inking the stamp in the more opaque whisper white, then gently ink the vanilla onto the stamp. This way the vanilla mixes with the drier, stickier, more opaque ink and stamps nicer.

3 comments:

  1. I love the bottom card!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Tthis card is gorgeous!! I love the cosmo paper. Your main image is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete