Sunday, July 29, 2007

A few more challenge cards



I made a few more cards yesterday. Here's the first one. This was done using the Monet technique. In the past, I have been unsuccessful with this technique. The key is patience! You have to get the paper to dry just so before stamping. I really wanted to use some Hodgepodge Hardware-Brass on here, but my whole tin is MISSING!!!! How does one lose something so large and noisy??? I have torn apart my crafting space for the last day, and nothing! I used a die-cut instead, which worked nicely. I used autumn leaf prints and aida cloth on here.


My second card is a totally different style. I combined 2 of the challenges for this one. I also tried a new colour combo that I might not have otherwise and I quite like it(mustard, turquoise, wasabi, pomegranate, and chocolate). I used Pick a Petal and So Many Sayings on here. I wanted matching designer paper, so I made my own using various circle punches. I don't really have any great tips on how to get such straight cuts for "out of box" style. My craft mat and blade weren't nearby, so I just drew a very faint line in pencil. Using decent light and a steady hand, I cut it out with scissors.








3 comments:

  1. I like both cards but the big flower card is smokin' bright and I love everything about it! The colors jive well and the layout really allows everything to pop. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the Monet technique.......it looks interesting. Thanks, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your work!!

    ReplyDelete