Saturday, April 19, 2008

Anniversary Time

Over the next few weeks I have several anniversary cards to make, and they're not for small anniversaries either. I have to make 2 cards for a 50th, and 2 or 3 more for 60th anniversaries. My dilemma is that these numbers are usually associated with specific themes and a specific style. I was trying a few different things out, but they just don't seem right for that age group. This is the third anniversary card I've made in 2 days, and I think I'll finally be able to use it for one of the upcoming events. I looked up the gem/metal for 60th anniversaries, it's a diamond jubilee. You know how hard it is to showcase diamonds on a card? I started with a shimmery white base, then I embossed some swirls on it with Pearly Sparkle EP. That really wasn't that strong of a look, so I needed to add in some other colour. The shimmer paper has a slight gloss so I thought I'd try some polished stone on it. I mixed gold, silver, and chocolate reinkers, and smeared it around. It ended up looking very much like marble. I wiped off the excess ink from the embossed parts. Finally, the swirls really stood out! The rest of the card was quite straight forward. I used nestabilities for the ovals. The floral images are made up of layered images from Baroque Motifs. The greeting comes from Kitchen Sink's 3-step roses.

Supplies:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, 3-Step Hearts and Roses
Ink: Burnt Umber, Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Silver, Gold
Paper: Shimmer White, Textured Brown
Accessories, etc.: 1/2'' circle punch, brads, pop dots, nestabilities, pearly sparkle EP, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment