Thursday, April 10, 2008

Damask Gown

Paper piecing is a technique I rarely do. I think it's because I am more attracted to using bolder images. However, this new set, Wedding Party, by Flourishes is great for paper piecing! I stamped the bride onto two pieces of white paper. I coloured in the hair, skin, and flowers on the the one piece. On the other, I inked up the Damask background with versamark, stamped it over the dress, then embossed it with pearly sparkle embossing powder. I cut that out and pasted it onto the fist image. For the flowers and veil, I added in some stickles to really make them sparkle. The background on the pomegranate is the Damask stamp again, and the word Love comes from Flourished Words.
Remember, check out the SCS member forum here for some contest fun!
Supplies:
Stamps: Wedding Party, Flourished Words, both Damask BG stamps
Ink: Versafine Black, Moonlight
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, White
Accessories, etc.: stickles, pearly sparkle EP, copic markers, glitter

2 comments:

  1. Once again a stunning card!...I love the elegance of the damask...the richness of the colors..and her boquet..all just come together in a splendid card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. I love how you've stamped the dress and the white flourishes on the background is divine! :0) mel

    ReplyDelete